As I prep for my first girl’s weekend in, well…forever, I realize that it may be easy to forget my goals and throw caution to the wind all in the name of fun. However, that won’t make me feel any better about myself when Monday rolls around and I step on the scale, so here are a few things we can all keep in mind as we gear up for the weekend.
1. Do your workouts in the morning before you begin your day (so that it doesn’t feel like a chore hanging over your head)
2. Splurge in a healthy way (follow the 100% clean rule 80% of the time)
3. Eat like it’s a weekday (plan your meals and snacks)
4. Don’t go hungry to a party (eat small meals every 2-3 hours)
5. Schedule some relaxation time
6. Do something active—get outside!
7. Get enough sleep
8. Prep for the week ahead (plan your menu, do your shopping, and set your goals)
9. Don’t have a lazy Sunday (use it to do your planning)
10. Order well when going out
If you are getting together with friends (or relaxing with family) remember that they want to spend time with YOU! Socializing is about conversation and catching up. Drinks that you consume or food you put in your mouth doesn’t make your experience richer. Happy Weekend!